DMX 5.3.4 released

DMX 5.3.4 has been released at Feb 22, 2024. The DMX Webclient now has dedicated emoji support: on all major platforms and browsers emojis are rendered nice and in color.

Extensions of the plugin development framework made it possible to offer 2 more DMX plugins (optional installations). These offer fulltext search for PDF files. For scanned image-only PDFs the Tesseract OCR engine is integrated.

For detailed information about this release see the Changelog.

Download DMX 5.3.4:
https://download.dmx.systems/dmx-5.3.4.zip

2 Likes

Thank you @jri for your continued good work. I just upgraded my DMX instance to the new version. There is a problem rendering topics in the web client, see GitHub issue. @jpn

Confirmed! Since DMX 5.3.4 in conjunction with its emoji support there is an issue with canvas rendering. Your screenshot shows that erroneously different fonts are used for both the topic header and the topic content:

grafik

The problem is that the header is rendered before the proper web font (“Ubuntu”) is loaded. For the body he problem does not occur as a different rending approach is used there. For details see:

I’ll fix this very soon and release DMX 5.3.5 then.

Thank you for reporting! :blush::pray:

1 Like

@RalfBarkow meanwhile I did some examination and can say it’s not a synchronization issue as I thought (rendering before font is loaded) but a browser-specific problem (related to Web fonts, SVG-images, data-URLs, HTML5 canvas).

In my environment, with both Firefox 126 and Chrome 125 on macOS 10.15.7 the problem does not occur. Note that same font (“Ubuntu”) is used for both topic header and topic body:

grafik

I can reproduce the problem with Safari 15.6.1 (on macOS) though:

grafik

But still it looks a bit different than your screenshot, in particular the dots in the topic header:

grafik

What browser and OS did you use? Can you try different browser?

I’m still tracking down the problem and try finding a fix.

1 Like

@jri

What browser and OS did you use? Can you try different browser?

Yes, the issue occurs on macOS Sonoma 14.5 (23F79) Intel with all my browsers except Google Chrome Version 127.0.6533.73 (Offizieller Build) (x86_64).

NB. The problem does not occur under Ubuntu and Windows.