Working with dmx and dmx-geomaps

So far working with dmx has been great. As an user it has endless applications and it is really useful. As a frontend developer is has been challenge in a very good way I think once you understand all the structure It is kind of addictive and also forces you to think differently in terms of semantic and associations. I really like the platform and strongly recommend it.
I’m sharing here some small stuff that came out.

• In the address section you can include same country name and duplicate the addresses when using symbols on the name for example “México”, I guess this could also happen for other values. The thing is that I had the same country with two names exactly with the same characters, so two persons(dogs) that live in the same address are not associate, not according to semantic storage.
    Maybe is important to clear that certain criteria of languages and symbols should be use or even set countries name data(international) instead of typing the value.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.12.25 PM

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.32.54 PM

• The link for Simon Williams – The Associative Model Of Data (book, 284 pages), Lazy Software, 2nd edition, 2002 no longer exist. (http://www.sentences.com/docs/other_docs/AMD.pdf)

• Use geomaps without addresses
    In the scuba diving model i’m working on, I have the topic type “buceo” with sea coordinates (a fix) of a place where you can dive, so this is not an address, the geocoords can be add by creating a new association type.
    You can type in the coordinates in the format but the input field does not accept decimals. Even though you can entry the values and render the coords in the map, the field input has a red border indicating an error.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 2.11.37 PM

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 3.45.51 PM

• This could happen. One of the certificates of my JDK expires and was related to access the openstreetmap search and get the address causing not generate the geoCoordinates
    So the solution is to import a new certificate in cacerts file or more easy remove and install a fresh JDK.

• For some cases for example two dogs live on the same street but different houses(very far away from each other), but the open street map returns the same coords even with a different street number. It would be nice to implement the drag function of leaflet and move the geocoord to the exact place and update the mark for one dog.

1 Like